Issues with disk layout (different from -stable)?

From: Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:42:19 -0800 (PST)
I'm trying to bring up -current on my new IBM ThinkPad T40.  Once I specified
hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range, the snapshot CD booted up cleanly.

The current problem:
Sysinstall claims the disk layout as provided by BIOS is bogus (it's something
like 100000/32/32).  It provides its own, newfs works clean, but writes fail on

the 1st package read from CD.  I tried another alternative layout (the drive is
a IBM/Hitachi Travelstar 80GN) but get the same result.  As an experiment, I
booted from a 4.8 CD, and it just accepted the provided layout and installed
without any problems.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Katcher