ALTQ support

From: Michael Lee <kclee_at_tiny.ws>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:29:34 +0800
Dear Sir,

I don't know if I am posting this question to a wrong mailing list.

I am looking for a solution to make QoS possible on my FreeBSD box. After
searching for the internet, I found that there is a software called ALTQ
that can do possibly what I want. However, I found that it is still not
directly built into the kernel. Those who want to use it need to patch the
kernel themselves.

http://www.rofug.ro/projects/freebsd-altq/

I wonder if any of the core team members has the plan to build it into the
kernel since I was told that it is not a good way to patch the kernel
myself. ( for the system stability concern. )

Thanks!

Michael Lee

PS: Please c.c me since I did not subscribe to this mailing list.