Re: ALTQ support

From: Michael Lee <kclee_at_tiny.ws>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:56:19 +0800
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:29:34 +0800, Michael Lee <kclee_at_tiny.ws> wrote:
>
> > Dear Sir,
> >
> > I don't know if I am posting this question to a wrong mailing list.
> >
> > I am looking for a solution to make QoS possible on my FreeBSD box.
After
> > searching for the internet, I found that there is a software called ALTQ
> > that can do possibly what I want. However, I found that it is still not
> > directly built into the kernel. Those who want to use it need to patch
> > the
> > kernel themselves.
> >
> > http://www.rofug.ro/projects/freebsd-altq/
>
> I am not really sure which is better or difference, but there has another
> link: http://www.nipsi.de/altq/index.html
>
> Cheers,
> Mezz

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you.
It seems better than the link I found. However, those who want to use it
still need to patch the kernel themselves.

If it can be built into the kernel as it was illustrated in the homepage, it
would be better.
I know it depends on the way the core team members see it.
Is there any plan to make it into the kernel ?

Michael Lee