Re: ULE and very bad responsiveness

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 01:01:17 +0100
On Thursday 13 November 2003 22:25, Jeff Roberson wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > On Thursday 13 November 2003 07:17, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > from comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc:

> > > Yes, I am running current as of 13. Nov.
> > >
> > > Find attached my first problem description.
> >
> > This time I also attached my dmesg and kernel conf
>
> Try running seti with nice +20 rather than 15.  Do you experience bad
> interactivity without seti running?

No, without seti everythin seems to be fine except that I cannot watch two
movies at the same time which is no problem with the old scheduler. I already
switched back from ULE to the old because at the moment ULE makes working
exhausting.
I also could play quake(2) and have something compiling in the background but
I see every new object file in form of a picture freeze. Also every other
disk access seems to block the whole machine for a moment.
I'll try again if somebody has an idea what's wrong. Then I can try running
seti wtih nice 20 but that's not really a solution. It's working perfectly
with nice 15 and the old scheduler.

Thanks,

-Harry