Re: HEADS-UP new statfs structure

From: Matt Smith <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:50:53 +0000
Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 08:33:06AM +0000, Matt Smith wrote:
>
>>Marco Wertejuk wrote:
>>
>>>Just for a short note: cfsd (ports/security/cfs) should be
>>>recompiled as well after those statfs changes.
>>>

>>And mail/postfix and devel/gnomevfs2 (ones's i've found so far)
>>
>>postfix did this every time it received a mail until I recompiled it:
>>
>>pid 4049 (smtpd), uid 1003: exited on signal 11
>>
>>And gnomevfs was something I saw in another headsup. There are bound to
>>be others, I'm just keeping an eye on my /var/log/messages to see if
>>anything else sig 11 or 12's! So far so good though.
>>

> Either the new statfs, or something in a recent change in -CURRENT
> (since last week), has broken the nvidia driver.
> I've been using it now for
> over half a year with no problems at all.  I installed the new kernel
> and world, rebuilt x11/nvidia-driver and X11 hung before it had even
> switched to graphical mode.   After a minute the system rebooted, and
> unfortunately a couple of lost+found directories were populated
> by fsck - I must remember to turn off the ata write cache next time!
> I've now rebuilt *all* of the ports in the hope that it
> would solve it, but it still crashes.
>
> --
> Bruce Cran

I am using the nvidia driver fine with the latest current:

nvidia0: <GeForce4 MX 420> mem
0xfc200000-0xfc27ffff,0xf8000000-0xfbffffff,0xfd000000-0xfdffffff irq 5
at device 0.0 on pci1

FreeBSD fraggle.xtaz.co.uk 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Thu Nov
13 18:34:54 GMT 2003
root_at_fraggle.xtaz.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FRAGGLE  i386

The only thing I've found a problem with so far is postfix as I've
mentioned.

Matt.