hit g_provider %p disappeared while tasting

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:43:16 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

I am pxebooting an md_image as root fs. While this worked for cvsup
sources from around 20031115-1501 UTC it fails woth same kernel config
with sources from today 20031117-1435 UTC.

--- 20031115-1501 ---
IPsec: Initialized Security Association Processing.
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
Entropy harvesting:.
--- end ---

--- 20031117-1435 ---
IPsec: Initialized Security Association Processing.
g_provider 0xc2f6ee80 disappeared while tasting
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount failed: 6
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0
setrootbyname failed
ffs_mountroot: can't find rootvp
Root mount failed: 6

Manual root filesystem specification:
                       eg. ufs:da0s1a
  ?                  List valid disk boot devices
  <empty line>       Abort manual input

mountroot> ?
panic: Root mount failed, startup aborted.

nb: please ignore the '?' panic. This is another problem.

The problem seems to be triggered by following commit:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/geom/geom_subr.c.diff?r1=1.61&r2=1.62&sortby=date&f=h

If I can help to sort this out please let me know. I building too many
HEADs these days anyway ;-)

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/