Re: Recovery? recent "make world" rendered system unusable (64 bit change)

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:01:55 -0700 (MST)
In message: <86islhoc35.fsf_at_Palimpsest.saic.hq.nasa.gov>
            Chris Shenton <Chris.Shenton_at_hq.nasa.gov> writes:
: I'm looking for recommendations on how to recover, hopefully without
: trashing my critical system files like /etc/passwd.  Ideally, I guess
: I'd like a way to replace all the broken binaries and any related
: libraries without overwriting other files.

Grab a recent snapshot.  Boot off of that with the fixit
functionality.  Fix things.  Chances are good that you'll be able to
build a new kernel with the kernel that you booted...

Warner