Re: acpi_cpu_idle panic (Was: Re: kernel panic with todays source)

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h_at_schmalzbauer.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 23:46:08 +0100
On Tuesday 18 November 2003 18:58, you wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 18 November 2003 03:37, you wrote:
> > > Sorry I wasn't more clear.  I need you to print the contents like this:
> > >   print *cpu_cx_count
> >
> > cpu_cx_count 1
> > cpu_cx_lowest 0
> > cpu_idle_hook c0468300
> > cpu_cx_next 0
> >
> > I hope these are the correct values.
>
> Thanks, those are the correct values for your box.  I just posted a patch
> that should address the boot-time panic.  Please revert old patches and
> try it.

Yep, this looks good. Perhaps you're interested in the following line which
arose for the first time during boot:

C0? cx_next 0 cx_count 1

And here is what you requested in your first patch:

cale:~> sysctl hw.acpi.cpu
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: 0
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_history: 0/0

How do I know when this will be comitted to .

Thanks a lot,

-Harry