Re: ppp RADIUS accounting bug

From: Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter_at_a-quadrat.at>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:35:42 +0100 (Westeuropäische Normalzeit)
Hi,

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Boris Kovalenko wrote:

> >The RFC says:
> >
> >5.4.  Acct-Output-Octets
> >
> >blabla
> >
> >can only be
> >      present in Accounting-Request records where the Acct-Status-Type
> >      is set to Stop.
> >
> >It looks like, that these counters must not present in accounting updates.
> >
> You are right, but your words - "but a patch could be written :-)".
> Again, I'm talking not about UPDATE packets and presence of any
> attributes in RADIUS requests. I'm talking about wrong handling of
> Acct-Input-Octets & Acct-Output-Octets with current PPP RADIUS
> implementation. How this will be done, by implementing RFC2869 support
IMHO this would be the right way, because RFC 2869 definitely says:

"Note that all information in an interim message is cumulative (i.e.
number of packets sent is the total since the beginning of the
session, not since the last interim message)."

So sending interim update packets won't help.

> looking for someone who supervises my patch and commit it if no problems
> will be founded.
this can be a problem :-)

bye,
--