Re: ATAPI CD Changer problem in -CURRENT

From: Soren Schmidt <sos_at_spider.deepcore.dk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 19:53:13 +0100 (CET)
It seems Christian Laursen wrote:
> I just upgraded my workstation from 5.1-RELEASE to todays -CURRENT.
>
> When I boot it, I get the following messages about my CD drives:
>
> acd0-5: CDROM with 6 CD changer <CD-C68E> at ata1-master PIO4
> acd6: DVDROM <CREATIVEDVD5240E-1> at ata1-slave PIO4
> acd0-5: FAILURE - LOAD_UNLOAD status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> sensekey=ILLEGAL REQUEST error=4<ABORTED>
> acd0-5: FAILURE - LOAD_UNLOAD status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> sensekey=ILLEGAL REQUEST error=4<ABORTED>
> acd0-5: FAILURE - LOAD_UNLOAD status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> sensekey=ILLEGAL REQUEST error=4<ABORTED>
> acd0-5: FAILURE - LOAD_UNLOAD status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> sensekey=ILLEGAL REQUEST error=4<ABORTED>
>
> I get the 4 failures after the 2 first slots (both containing a CD)
> have been probed, and I guess there is an error for every empty slot.

Yep.

> In 5.1-RELEASE the kernel didn't change through the drives while
> booting. It is a little annoying, but not my main concern.

Thats GEOM that tries to "taste" every device showing up, I guess
we will have to live with it, but yes its annoying. I've thought
about returning early in open if device knows there is no media
avaliable, but its not foolproof either..

> The real problem is, that only the first slot works. When I try
> to mount a cd from the second slot (acd1), I get this:
>
> borg# mount /drv/cd2
> cd9660: /dev/acd1: Input/output error
>
> It doesn't make any difference whether acd0 is mounted or not.

Hmm, its been some time since I tried my old shaky changer, I'll
admit to that, I'll dig it out and look into this...

-Søren