Re: HEADS UP: /bin and /sbin are now dynamically linked

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:16:37 -0600
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:41:53PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Garance A Drosihn, and lo! it spake thus:

> It is a bit more complicated than that, because programs may
> include embedded references to other files.  So, I think
> some developer would *have* to do a little up-front work for
> any program that would be optionally-added to /rescue.

Oh, sure; nothing's ever as easy as it should be   :)

The advantage of this method is it's simple, cheap, automatic, and lets
us say "You can try setting ADDITIONAL_RESCUE=usr.sbin/foo in make.conf
and it may work", without putting extra burden on developers or people
who don't wanna.  It may only be a fifth of a loaf, but...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net