Re: boot process is too slow during installation

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 01:39:57 +0100
Zhang Shu <zhang_at_koganei.wide.ad.jp> writes:
> When I install netbsd with the same floppy drive, it turns to be pretty
> fast. So I guess this is a FreeBSD problem but do not know where it is...

FreeBSD's boot code reads the disk sector by sector rather than track
by track.  Last time I brought this up I was told that "it doesn't
matter on modern drives"...  I wouldn't be surprised if track-by-track
turns out to be 18 times faster than sector-by-sector with USB drives.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no