Re: 5.2-BETA and related ports issues

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:22:46 +0100
Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd-current_at_webteckies.org> writes:
> Then you can just as easily nuke the entire mailer.conf principle and symlink
> bin/postfix to etc/rc.d/050.postfix.sh.

This is actually one of the two recommended ways of starting postfix
(and the one I prefer).  The main reason for mailer.conf to exist is
that a lot of scripts have /usr/sbin/sendmail hardcoded and TPTB
decided that they didn't want to use 'use.perl port'-style symlinks.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no