Re: HEADS UP: APM users on -current!

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:27:42 -0700
> Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 22:01:07 -0700
> From: Peter Wemm <peter_at_wemm.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> I've made a commit that has been reported as breaking APM for some people.
> I'll be following this up, so could folks please report here if things
> break?  (and feel free to say so if you find the problem :-).  It would
> also be interesting to know that things are ok for a few people too.
>
> If you're stuck (hang or reset on boot), take out apm for the time being.
> Yes, I know that isn't a solution, but please bear with me.

No hangs or resets on my ThinkPad T30. It just crashes. :-(

I have previously sent the manually transcribed panic message and the
traceback to Bosko and would prefer not to have to do it again, but I
can. The traceback is only 3 deep.

Exactly what would you like me to send you on this. I will be very
willing to do whatever is required to get this fixed as the data
corruption caused by the problem it fixes has been very annoying in
CURRENT.

Thanks,
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer