Re: D-Link DWL-520+

From: Marcos Biscaysaqu <marcos_at_thepacific.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:10:21 +1300
Hi there.
If you want a very stable Freebsd Access Point, use a PCMCIA card with
chipset prism II and freebsd 5.0 release
I 've got one working for 6 month with more than 40 customers (never
crash!!!!!!) if you want to use a PCI card try with a Netgear is prism
2.5 (I testing one these now and looks fine but slower than PCMCIA prism
II) .
you have to use the firmware 1.4.9 or 1.5.6, I trust more in 1.4.9
Don't use freebsd 5.1 is half speed less!
cheers!
Marcos

--

Marcos Biscaysaqu