Re: D-Link DWL-520+

From: tokza <postfix_at_sendmail.ru>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:40:16 +0400
On Tuesday 07 October 2003 03:10, Marcos Biscaysaqu wrote:
> Hi there.
> If you want a very stable Freebsd Access Point, use a PCMCIA card with
> chipset prism II and freebsd 5.0 release
> I 've got one working for 6 month with more than 40 customers (never
> crash!!!!!!) if you want to use a PCI card try with a Netgear is prism
> 2.5 (I testing one these now and looks fine but slower than PCMCIA prism
> II) .

Wow.
What a stunning things :)

PCMCIA is better than PCI... so i have to get pcmcia-adapter for my PC :)....

However, I'm planning to use 4-stable or 5-current (there are two boxes I'm
running freebsd on). Is it very important to up(down)grade it to 5.0? Is
4-stable too bad fot Host AP? Or what about hardware AP and freebsd?
Sorry for a lot of questions, I had never mess with wi-fi before.