Re: ipnat memory leak?

From: Vector <freebsd_at_itpsg.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 00:56:55 -0600
Several reasons:

Having it in the kernel improves performance

natd chokes on the latest windoze worms and I have implemented some DoS
prevention/worm protection in ipnat but I'm seeing this memory leak without
my improvements there at all.

If it's in the kernel, ipnat is kept under control when natd would normally
be sucking the CPU dry and preventing things like remote logins, very
slugish updates, etc...

and others I don't particularly want to go into at the moment.

vec