Re: ULE status; interactivity fixed? nice uninvestigated, HTT broken

From: Munish Chopra <chopra_at_soulwax.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:43:13 -0400
On 2003-10-13 01:33 -0400, Wade Majors wrote:
> Jeff Roberson wrote:
> >I commited a fix that would have caused all of the jerky behaviors under
> >some load.  I was not able to reproduce this problem with kde running
> >afterwards.
>
> It think it seems better (hard to be sure) but the issue is still there
> for me.
>
> GNOME/Metacity
> Single Processor Athlon Tbird
> IDE Disk
> USB Mouse (moused running)
> AGP Radeon 9000 (using drm)
>
> -Wade

After updating to revision 1.58 of src/sys/kern/sched_ule.c and giving
my system a good run for a few hours, things seem much better. There is
still lag, but it is only occasional and rarely as severe as before.

Windowmaker, TBird 1200, IDE disk, PS/2 mouse, NVIDIA driver. Probably
not as taxing as Wade's GNOME setup.

--
Munish Chopra