Re: XFree86-4-clients port broken.

From: Eric Anholt <eta_at_lclark.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:22:05 -0700
On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 16:05, Peter Wemm wrote:
> Eric Anholt wrote:

>     orts
> > >     /lib/libfntstubs.a. Stop
> > >
> > > I ran into this on my amd64 box too.  Is yours an i386?
> >
> > This is a problem on ref5, too.  I am testing a fix right now.  The
> > confusing part is I can't find any change I (or anyone else) has made
> > that would have caused this.
>
> Does the port have any exposure to make(1) at all?  Its been futzed with
> fairly recently.  I know it's supposed to use gmake, but perhaps there are
> still some "make" references?

No, actually it uses the system (bsd) make.  It generally is pretty
resistant to differences with different types of make, though.

Testing a new idea for a fix that will cut the build time/space
required, too.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta_at_lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt_at_FreeBSD.org