Re: panic with cdrecord -- anybody else seeing this? [backtrace obtained]

From: John Reynolds <johnjen_at_reynoldsnet.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:54:17 -0700
[ On Monday, October 13, Marius Strobl wrote: ]

> And
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/57611
>
> The latter is a bit more detailed and correct (it's not limited to ATAPI
> burners). It also doesn't seem to be limited to cdrecord, the latest
> ntpd also causes a panic when using mlockall(2) as reported on this list,
> however the backtrace looks different.
> Btw., the cdrtools-devel port contains a workaround.

I can confirm that using the latest and greatest cdrtools-devel port works
around the bug, so it's a definite problem related to mlockall(2). I've burned
a cd with a kernel from Aug 19th, and also from Oct 11th and all seems well
with this work-around.

If there are further patches to try and apply to the kernel to work-around this
issue or if people need further print's from gdb from my crash dumps, please
let me know!

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Structural / Physical Design - ICG/PNG SCD     jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.               FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."