Re: Darwin/OSX Bluetooth code

From: Peter Pentchev <roam_at_ringlet.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:38:27 +0300
On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 09:00:02PM -0700, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
[snip]
> I'm currently thinking about un-Netgraph'ing FreeBSD code to make it portable
> to other BSD style systems. I'm trying to look at other implementations
> and learn as much as i can. In particular i'm trying to figure out how to
> minimize OS dependent code and what is the right abstractions levels.

When I saw your BlueTooth entry in the recent status report, I thought
I'd comment on that, but then got distracted :)

You've done some great work on BlueTooth.  IMHO, it would be a mistake
to try to un-NetGraph it; there have been lots of rumours about people
porting the NetGraph framework to other OS's, and if BlueTooth support
will provide yet one more reason for the need to do this, so be it :)
NetGraph is a wonderful framework for writing drivers, and not limited
to network drivers, either - as you have no doubt discovered so far -
there should be no need to give up its advantages if it's possible to
retain them and even gain much in portability for the writing of future
drivers (should NetGraph run on more OS's).

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam_at_ringlet.net    roam_at_sbnd.net    roam_at_FreeBSD.org
This sentence was in the past tense.