Random signals in {build,install}world recently?

From: Vallo Kallaste <kalts_at_estpak.ee>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 11:19:44 +0300
Hi

It seems to be a recent problem. The hardware is OK, both Windows XP
(which I use very seldom) and Gentoo Linux do not exhibit any
problems.
Basically one will get random signals as I have got in build- and
installworld. It's impossible to complete make -j2 buildworld on my
machine, but sometimes non-parallel buildworld will do, only to die
later in installworld.
This is on two-processor AMD 2400+ MP system, ASUS A7M-266D mobo and
1GB ECC memory, ATA disks and CD/RW-DVD only. 4BSD scheduler if it
matters.
--
Vallo Kallaste