Re: Random signals in {build,install}world recently?

From: Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:48:03 +0000
>From: Doug Rabson <dfr_at_nlsystems.com>
>
>I also get random segfaults and ICEs on my dual 1900+ system with recent
>current. It certainly isn't hardware problems since older kernels work
>very nicely. I haven't got around to trying to diagnose what is causing
>it yet though. I was planning to try disabling a few things like SSE,
>PSE etc and see if I could improve things. My kernel is dated from 1
>October (I did try a bit later than that but those ones just paniced all
>over themselves, very messy).

I've been seeing those on my laptop (PII-700 in an HP Omnibook 6000).  What
I did find is that if I disable SSE (options CPU_DISABLE_SSE) then I can
build without issue.  I haven't had to disable anything else.

Credit for this goes to somebody else on the list (don't remember who) who
said it worked for them.

  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?