Re: USB Keyboard questions

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:58:01 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Peter wrote:

> I have been reading that page and I have the keyboard working, but I
> fail to see how this will help a user that only has a USB Keyboard
> that wants to use FreeBSD5.1 and is unable to install it due to the
> lack of USB support from the start.

Some BIOSes offer a "USB legacy support" option which allows the use of a
usb keyboard as if it were a PS2 keyboard during system startup.

> And I still would like to know if its my keyboard that is out of sync
> with the USB spec since it will add letters when I write like .
> "This should read like this" but can end up like "Thisi should reaed
> likek this"

Does this keyboard exhibit the same behavior when it's plugged into a
Windows machine? It's a little early to speculate what the issue could be,
as there are a number of links in this chain but it's very possible that
you simply have a wonky keyboard on your hands.

Regards,