Re: Random signals in {build,install}world recently?

From: Doug Rabson <dfr_at_nlsystems.com>
Date: 22 Oct 2003 13:44:57 +0100
On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 07:59, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Christian Brueffer wrote:
> > > I don't think so.  I tried that on my A7M266D with no effect.  I believe
> > > something in recent pmap code doesn't like this mobo, or maybe dual
> > > athlons in general.  I can run RELENG_5_1 rock solid, and -current from
> > > 9/24/03 rock solid, but -current from 10/3 or later gets random sigs
> > > and eventually panics.  I have scsi disks so it's not ata.
> >
> > I have the same experiences.  Also AMD A7M-266D with two 1800+ Athlons here.
> > Used to work fine, but got random signals with my latest builds.
>
> On thing that occurs to me: try the other scheduler: there were
> recent changes in this area, which may be the problem.

I also get random segfaults and ICEs on my dual 1900+ system with recent
current. It certainly isn't hardware problems since older kernels work
very nicely. I haven't got around to trying to diagnose what is causing
it yet though. I was planning to try disabling a few things like SSE,
PSE etc and see if I could improve things. My kernel is dated from 1
October (I did try a bit later than that but those ones just paniced all
over themselves, very messy).