Re: i386_set_ldt warnings

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:09:43 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, C. Kukulies wrote:

> Some (kde) applications now have a warning appear in xconsole:
>
> Warning: pid 595 used static ldt allocation.
> See the i386_set_ldt man page for more info
> Warning: pid 596 used static ldt allocation.
> See the i386_set_ldt man page for more info
>
> Should I worry about that? Rebuild KDE?

Let me guess.  You are using Nividia-supplied drivers/libraries?

It won't bother you unless you want to use libkse or libthr
for your threading library instead of libc_r.  Seeing that
libc_r won't be the default sometime after 5.2-RELEASE, you
might want to complain to NVidia.

Do they supply source or is it binary only?

--
Dan Eischen