Re: i386_set_ldt warnings

From: Bruce Evans <bde_at_zeta.org.au>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:06:48 +1000 (EST)
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Daniel Eischen wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, C. Kukulies wrote:
>
> > Some (kde) applications now have a warning appear in xconsole:
> >
> > Warning: pid 595 used static ldt allocation.
> > See the i386_set_ldt man page for more info
> > Warning: pid 596 used static ldt allocation.
> > See the i386_set_ldt man page for more info
> >
> > Should I worry about that? Rebuild KDE?
>
> Let me guess.  You are using Nividia-supplied drivers/libraries?

I get these from an old version of wine.  I gave details of why wine
would break if static ldt allocation were removed when removing it
was proposed.

> Do they supply source or is it binary only?

It is effectively binary only, since current versions of wine don't
run my application correctly and the old version doesn't build under
-current.

Bruce