ACPI trouble with EPIA-M

From: Thorsten Greiner <thorsten.greiner_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 22:22:42 +0200
Hi everybody,

I have a VIA EPIA-M 10000 board which works mostly when I disable
ACPI in the bios. Unfortunately the parallel port is controlled by
some Super-IO chip and is not recognized during boot. The same holds
true for serial ports and the floppy controller.

When I enable ACPI in the bios the machine boots normally and
recognizes the parallel port BUT stops after displaying the hd/cdrom
identification , at the point where it would normally start init
(before the "Mounting root from ..." is displayed).

At this point it just stops. I can break into DDB but nothing
else...

This machine is running a custom kernel based on GENERIC with
several device drivers removed and debugging stuff disabled (DDB is
still there), cvsupped Oct 17. There are no ACPI error messages
displayed during the boot process.

I will happily provide more information on request. Please help me
to get this parallel port going as I want to hook up my printer
there. Thanks!

Regards
        -Thorsten

--
If you understand what you're doing, you're not learning anything.