Re: Radeon 7500 w/ DRI locking on restart of X

From: Eric Anholt <eta_at_lclark.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 19:09:03 -0700
On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 20:37, Glenn Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 01:27:11PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 18:05, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> >
> > > I had similar problem with a 7200 and OGL. I solved the problem by
> > > turning off some of the options in the X config.

> > Everyone that's experiencing this and is using the DRI, what version
> > of the radeon DRM is loaded? (dmesg | grep drm) Is anyone experiencing
> > this without the DRI loaded?  The ForcePCIMode workaround is
> > interesting, I'll take a look at what could be going on there.
>
> I did some googling tonight and found out this problem is supposedly
> fixed in XFree86-4.3.99 although I do not see any specific mention of
> this problem in the Changelog.  See:
>
> http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2504&highlight=

That patch has been in our XFree86 for quite a while.  For those of you
using -current, could you try with the latest DRM which I committed to
FreeBSD CVS a few minutes ago?

--
Eric Anholt                                eta_at_lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt_at_FreeBSD.org