Re: HEADSUP if_xname incoming in one week

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_one-eyed-alien.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:31:46 -0700
On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 07:49:14PM -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:
> Some FAQs regarding this change:

Oops, I forgot one.

 Q: Won't this break some ports?
 A: Yes, a few do break, but the fix is trivial and there are better
    inferfaces for what they want.  When a previous version was tested,
    five ports broke.  There are some possiably outdated patches on my
    website for four of them.  The fifth was already broken by the nfs
    client/server split so I couldn't test it.  You can see the patches
    at:

    http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/patches/xname-ports/

-- Brooks