Re: ATAng issues status report

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Soren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Nate Lawson wrote:
> > Here is an updated status of ATAng for me.  I periodically test it to see
> > if any of the following problems go away.
> >
> > * Panic occurs after ATAFD fails to probe.  Last event: 2003/10/6
> > I have no ATAFD device on my system and normally no messages are printed
> > about it on boot.  However, periodically ATAFD will print a bunch of
> > messages on console about failing to probe.  The machine works normally
> > but at some point during use, it panics with a re-use of freed memory,
> > last user was ATAFD.  Most of the time the machine doesn't print anything
> > about ATAFD and there is no panic but maybe 1/5 reboots it does.
>
> This should be fixed in current.

Fixed for me.  Sometimes acd0 takes a little longer to probe but otherwise
I have not been able to recreate the panic now.

> > * Resume fails, hanging with drive light on.  Last event: 2003/10/2
> > Appears to be a lost interrupt during reset.
>
> I've just committed some changes that makes suspend/resume work just
> fine on the notebooks I have access to.

This works great for me!  I have suspended/resumed to S3 many times now,
no problems.

> > * Lost interrupt for ATA-SLAVE on reboot.  Last event: 2003/10/7
> > I'm unsure if this is actually a problem but occasionally it prints a
> > message right before rebooting about loosing an interrupt.  I'll try to
> > get more info.
>
> No idea about that on.

It's gone as well.  I can't reproduce any more whereas before I could
reproduce often.  So now I have no problems with ATAng and I can run
it on all my!_at_#$jzv8p43pjf45!!^^ panic

;-)

Thanks again,
Nate