ATAng issues status report

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:28:44 -0700 (PDT)
Here is an updated status of ATAng for me.  I periodically test it to see
if any of the following problems go away.

* Panic occurs after ATAFD fails to probe.  Last event: 2003/10/6
I have no ATAFD device on my system and normally no messages are printed
about it on boot.  However, periodically ATAFD will print a bunch of
messages on console about failing to probe.  The machine works normally
but at some point during use, it panics with a re-use of freed memory,
last user was ATAFD.  Most of the time the machine doesn't print anything
about ATAFD and there is no panic but maybe 1/5 reboots it does.

* Resume fails, hanging with drive light on.  Last event: 2003/10/2
Appears to be a lost interrupt during reset.

* Lost interrupt for ATA-SLAVE on reboot.  Last event: 2003/10/7
I'm unsure if this is actually a problem but occasionally it prints a
message right before rebooting about loosing an interrupt.  I'll try to
get more info.

Device is Intel 82801CA/CAM ICH3 ATA100 controller.  There are no slave
devices, just one master hard drive on primary and one master DVD/CDRW on
secondary.

-Nate