Re: newfs by fstab directory name?

From: Wes Peters <wes_at_softweyr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:09:04 -0800
On Monday 27 October 2003 01:37 pm, Lukas Ertl wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Wes Peters wrote:
> > At work we do a lot of dynamic filesystem creation, so we added the
> > ability to specify the 'special file' argument to newfs via the fstab
> > mount point directory.  Please see the attached patch.  If nobody
> > objects, I'll commit this in a couple of days.
>
> Wouldn't this be a good candidate to be added directly to libufs?

libufs already does this sort of translation, but newfs explicitly breaks
it because it needs to have the actual name of the device for some other
manipulations.  The alternative would be to have ufs_disk_fillout_blank
et all modify their second argument, which doesn't seem like a great
alternative.

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes_at_softweyr.com