Re: Another ATAng failure.

From: Soren Schmidt <sos_at_spider.deepcore.dk>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:16:14 +0100 (CET)
It seems David Gilbert wrote:
> I have tried several times in recent days to burn DVDs with burncd,
> growisofs and cdrecord ... all of which worked before atang.
> Growisofs complains that it can't flush it's buffers.  Burncd doesn't
> complain ... but the resulting disk is not mountable.
>
> I thought at one point that some DVD images were writable.  I havn't
> cvsup'd several times since them.  No images appear writable now
> ... so the problem appears to have gotten worse.
>
> Burning CDR and CDRW appears to work fine, however.

> |David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
> |Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
> |http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |
> =========================================================GLO================

Hmm, normally I just dont react to these kind of "it doesn't work" mails,
but sometimes we need to set things straight...

Anyhow what exactly is it you try to do ? A short description of the
commands you run and what error messages it gives is a required minimum.
Then in this case where kernel/HW is involved a minimum of the output
of dmesg, preferably from a verbose boot is needed as well.

You dont contract in IT do yo ? ;)

BTW I've made several DVD's over the last week or so, and it worked just
dandy, so "it does work" could have been my answer if we weren't interested
in getting things to work, and supply the needed info to get it there...

-Søren