Re: cp -Rp /a_dir/w_sub_dirs to gbde vnode on SmartMedia Card locks system

From: Alain Thivillon <at_at_rominet.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:27:41 +0100
Donald Creel <donxc_at_verizonmail.com> écrivait (wrote) :

> This has been reproducible for the last few weeks. System will crash if
> I am strictly from ttyv(n) or using KDE3.x and drag and drop.

I have no crashes but i see locks of gbde file systems (no more
activity, system idle 100%, file systems unmountable) when copying large
files on gbde fs over md. When i restart system, reattach and fsck the
gbde fs, all latest modifications are lost (lot of files in lost+found).

As this is my first try on gbde, i have not tested against a real
disk partition, so maybe this is a md(4) problem.

I was running -CURRENT from around 01 October, i have upgraded to
yesterday -CURRENT and still the same problem.