Re: /lib symlinks problem?

From: Doug Barton <DougB_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 01:58:52 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> My tool is initially just a 'delete these files' tool, but now that I
> think about it, it wouldn't be hard to say also 'create these
> symlinks'.  The hard part here is generating the 'obsolete' lists.

I posted one approach to this today... touch a file right before you
start installworld, then consider anything not newer than that file a
candidate for disposal. There is currently something weird going on in
/usr/lib though... a lot of the files don't have newer dates, I haven't
tracked down why yet.

Also, I highly recommend NOT deleting the files, but moving them
somewhere. This makes it much easier to recover if you delete something
you shouldn't have.

Doug