Re: /lib symlinks problem?

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 10:22:16 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <20030901015535.Y3776_at_znfgre.qbhto.arg>
            Doug Barton <DougB_at_freebsd.org> writes:
: On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:
:
: > My tool is initially just a 'delete these files' tool, but now that I
: > think about it, it wouldn't be hard to say also 'create these
: > symlinks'.  The hard part here is generating the 'obsolete' lists.
:
: I posted one approach to this today... touch a file right before you
: start installworld, then consider anything not newer than that file a
: candidate for disposal. There is currently something weird going on in
: /usr/lib though... a lot of the files don't have newer dates, I haven't
: tracked down why yet.

No.  That's not what I'm talking about.  That approach is crap,
because installworld doesn't touch all files.

: Also, I highly recommend NOT deleting the files, but moving them
: somewhere. This makes it much easier to recover if you delete something
: you shouldn't have.

I don't care the method of removal.  I care more about the list.  If
you want to mv them them instead of rm, it isn't a big deal to change
that detail.

Warner