Re: is there a "knob" for devfs rules?

From: John Reynolds <johnjen_at_reynoldsnet.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 08:44:14 -0700
[ On Monday, September 1, Scot W. Hetzel wrote: ]
> From: "John Reynolds" <johnjen_at_reynoldsnet.org>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1203173+1206388+/usr/local/www/db/text/2003/freebsd-questions/20030622.freebsd-questions
> You would need to add the following to /etc/devfs.rules:
>
> [devfsrules_ugen=50]
> add path 'ugen*' mode 664
>
> Then add to /etc/rc.conf:
>
> devfs_system_ruleset="devfsrules_ugen"
>
> Scot

Thanks! This is what another person has suggested, but just for the archives,
this is for a "recent" -current (as I don't have this particular "knob" that
the rc files recognize yet). At least more recent than Aug 19th.

Thanks again for the pointer. I will CVSup and re-install today!

-Jr

--
John & Jennifer Reynolds  johnjen at reynoldsnet.org        www.reynoldsnet.org
Sr. Physical Design Engineer - WCCG/CCE PDE     jreynold at sedona.ch.intel.com
Running FreeBSD since 2.1.5-RELEASE.               FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
"Unix is user friendly, it's just particular about the friends it chooses."