Re: 5.2-RELEASE TODO

From: Nicole <nicole_at_daemontech.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:27:44 -0700 (PDT)
 So are you saying it Will work in single user mode perhaps? (drives in use)

 or are you saying gee we have this nice new version that if you need to modify
any disk slice you did after an install your screwed into going back to caveman
tools (which I admit I have NO IDEA how to use and I bet many others don't as
well.)

 I have been using FreeBSD since 1997 and have never HAD to use anything else.

 Way to win over those Linux users.

  Nicole

On 01-Sep-03 Unnamed Administration sources reported Poul-Henning Kamp said :
> In message <XFMail.030901121248.nicole_at_daemontech.com>, Nicole writes:
>>
>> Is anyone going to be fixing the sysinstall problem of not being able to
>>re-slice a drive? For those who are not technical whizes this IS a big
>>problem.
>>We do still care about them.... right?
>
> If you are talking about using sysinstall to modify drives in use,
> then the answer is probably no.
>
> For that job you want to use the correct tools:  fdisk(8) and
> bsdlabel(8) (tacitly assuming i386 here).
>
> If you are talking about a problem during initial install of FreeBSD
> you need to provide more details about it.
>
> --
> phk_at_FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956

                     |\ __ /|   (`\
                     | o_o  |__  ) )
                    //      \\
 -  nicole_at_daemontech.com  -  Powered by FreeBSD  -
 " Daemons" will now be known as "spiritual guides"
-Politically Correct UNIX Page

"Witchcraft is in essence the worship of the powers of this world,
 beautiful and terrible, but all in a circle under the turning sky
 that is the One."     -C.A. Burland, "Echoes of Magic"

"Connecting with energy is something humans have to be open
 to and talking about and expecting,  otherwise the whole human
 race can go back to pretending that life is about power over others
 and exploiting the planet.  If we go back to doing this,
 then we won't survive."      -James Redfield, "The Celestine Prophecy"