RE: Multi BOOT

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 08:30:40 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Abdul Hakeem wrote:

> Hello,
> Does anyone know a way of simultaneously booting FreeBSD with Linux or
> Win2K with a dual-processor and dual NIC server ?
> I can set the processor affinity on the Win2k, but I am having trouble
> configuring the FreeBSD to use a particular processor and a particular
> NIC.

To do server partitioning, you'll have to acquire a Unisys ES7000, IBM
zSeries or comparable system. Standard x86 multi-proc systems (As you
would buy from Dell, for example) do not support this.

You can however run Win2k inside VMware on a FreeBSD machine. This option
is even more flexible than partitioning as it lets you turn the "VM" off
and reacquire the resources that were tied up by it.

Regards,