Re: Text file busy

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon_at_apollo.backplane.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:58:48 -0700 (PDT)
:
:Tim
:
:P.S. I wonder if demand-paging of executables is still a win for
:program startup on modern systems with dynamically-linked executables?
:Large reads are a lot more efficient, and it seems that dynamic
:linking might cause more startup thrashing.  Hmmm...

    Yes, they are a big win 95% of the time.  Don't worry, the kernel will
    pre-fault pages that are already cached in memory (to a point), and
    the kernel will also cluster pagein operations if actual I/O becomes
    necessary.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon_at_backplane.com>