Re: Question about genassym, locore.s and 0-sized arrays (showstopper for an icc compiled kernel)

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:14:11 +0200
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 11:28:58 -0500
Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com> wrote:

> If you're talking FreeBSD 5, you should be able to simply subsitute a
> C99 "flexible array member" (basically replace "[0]" with "[]") and get
> the same effect.  0-length arrays are a gcc extension:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Zero-Length.html
>
> Under FreeBSD 4.x, you can't use them because gcc 2.95 only supports
> the gcc extension.  Intel has added support for a lot of gcc extensions
> recently; they may be willing to add this to the list.

Please read my mail again, icc already supports my_array[0], but the
resulting array in the binary has size '1'. The actual showstopper is
the output of genassym.sh. To me it seems it's just a genassym.sh issue,
but I don't really know what's going on in the kernel, so I ask here.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                  Weird enough for government work.