Re: Internal compiler error in reload_cse_simplify_operands

From: Scott Reese <sreese_at_codysbooks.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 16:45:47 -0700
On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 16:40, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 04:34:31PM -0700, Scott Reese wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-09-10 at 14:14, Scott Reese wrote:
> > > [I'm not presently subscribed to this list so please CC me in any
> > > replies.  Thank you]
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm running 5.1-RELEASE-p2 and I just upgraded my machine from a PIII
> > > 800 MHz processor with 256 MB RAM to a PIV 2.4 GHz processor and VIA P4B
> > > 400 motherboard with 512 MB RAM.  The system starts and runs great, but
> > > I can't build anything with it anymore.
>
> Did you have these errors with your PIII 800 MHz processor and
> 256 MB of RAM?  If the answer is no, the old harware wsa rock solid,
> then I suspect you have a hardware problem.  For example, power
> supply can't supply enough power or the memory isn't seated correctly
> or insufficient heat sinking on the CPU or ...

No, I didn't have these errors with the old hardware.  It seemed very
solid to me.  I would be extremely disappointed if this were a hardware
failure of some kind as I just got it upgraded this morning.  :/

One question, though...Doesn't flakey hardware usually cause *random*
errors?  I ask because the error I'm receiving upon issuing 'make
buildworld' is recurring in exactly the same place every time.  I'm
wondering if something somewhere got hosed...

Failing that, I guess I'll have to have a chat with the guy who built
this thing...

-Scott