Re: mystery kernel spew

From: Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:53:02 +1000
On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 07:13:09PM -0700, Doug White wrote:
>Incidentally, if you are getting wrapping even without this, you can use a
>serial console to capture the output.  I've had to do this for doing nasty
>ACPI debugging with lots of the options enabled.

For kernel spew, you can also increase the kernel message buffer:
# Size of the kernel message buffer.  Should be N * pagesize.
options         MSGBUF_SIZE=40960

And for the VTYs, you can increase the scroll-back size:
options         SC_HISTORY_SIZE=200     # number of history buffer lines

Both these are kernel compile-time options.

Peter