Re: Upgrading to FreeBSD 5.1

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 23:18:24 +0300
On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 03:13:30PM -0400, Didier Rwitura wrote:
> I am trying to upgrade my sysstem from 4.8-RELEASE-p4 to 5.1
>
> and i getting this error message when I run "make -j4 buildworld"
>

> [admin]/usr/src(101)#make -j4 buildworld
> Running test variables
> PASS: Test variables detected no regression, output matches.
> Running test targets
> PASS: Test targets detected no regression.
> Running test sysvmatch
> PASS: Test sysvmatch detected no regression.
> Running test lhs_expn
> FAIL: Test failed: regression detected.  See above.
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error
> *** Error code 2
> Building an up-to-date make(1)
>
> what do I need to check to fix this . I read the /src/UPDATING  ... I didnt find any info about this error message.

You mean you upgrade to RELENG_5_1?  Beware that this branch
is currently not buildable: libpthread build is broken.

The error above is expected error, and does not (should not)
the buildworld to fail -- as the first step, src/Makefile
checks to see if the available make(1) binary is adequate to
build world; it does this by passing it by running the make
regression tests, and should they fail, builds a new make
from fresh sources.  The errors above indicate that some of
the regression tests have failed, and this causes the new
make to be built.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,