DVD+RW not working with ATAng.

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_dclg.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:43:43 -0400
As a status report, a recent CVSup fixed the phantom ad3 issue, but...

ATAng is failing to allow my DVD+RW to cut DVD+R's.  growisofs fails
with 'permission denied' as it's penultimate error ... even when run
as root.  It also seems to coaster the DVD ... which is getting
expensive.

This is all using the atapicam layer ... as DVD software seems to only
understand the emulated SCSI.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Independent Contractor.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dave_at_daveg.ca                    |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |