Re: ath(4) stopped working

From: Sam Leffler <sam_at_errno.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:22:24 -0700
> I just built a kernel with latest sources, unfortunately, my ath(4) card
> stopped working.  The device is there, devd sets ip address, route etc.,
> just as it did before the upgrade - the problem is that the link is dead,
> there's _nothing_ going over the link.  It also seems to re-associate with
> the AP quite often.
>
> A kernel from Fri Sep 12 works correctly, with the same configuration.  I
> guess the ath/ieee80211 commits from yesterday/today broke something.

I need more help than this.  Try supplying some information like the card
type (e.g. 5212) and your setup (station, adhoc, hostap, 11a, 11b, 11g).
Also try sysctl debug.ieee80211=1 and/or ifconfig ath0 debug and look at
the debug messages.

Obviously stuff worked for me before I committed (and I tested all types of
cards).

	Sam