Re: ATAng still problematic

From: Jan Srzednicki <winfried_at_student.agh.edu.pl>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:51:25 +0200
On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 03:54:36PM +0200, Soren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Jan Srzednicki wrote:
> > First of all, the drive still does not get detected properly. Funny
> > thing is that after some playing with atacontrol attach/detach, it
> > finally gets detected. And later on, it is normally detected, before.
> > Same scenario happened like 3 times with ATAng and newer and newer
> > kernels. I don't know whether some device hints or anything are just
> > updated; yet, I didn't have _any_ drive detection problems with ATAold.
> >
> > The problem is with the second drive. There's still some randomness in
> > it, as it gets undetected from time to time.
>
> Try the below patch and let me know if that changes anything..

It seems that things have changed a bit (the drive gets detected more
often), but still, it's not perfect.

Anyway, here's backtrace for atapicam panic I've mentioned. It's
triggered by:

cdrecord dev=1,1,0 /some/track

greetings,
--
  -- wrzask --= v =-- Winfried --===-- GG# 3838383 ---
-- w_at_dream.vg --- w_at_303.krakow.pl --===-- http://violent.dream.vg/ ---