Re: acd0 vs cd0 (ATAPICAM)

From: Bryan Liesner <bleez_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:26:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Thomas Quinot wrote:

> Le 2003-09-18, Guillaume écrivait :
>
> > The patch does nothing for me. Same results... and cd0 is still slow.
>
> OK, then please try to apply the patch below in addition to the previous
> one:

Sorry, I hadn't really noticed or checked for speed issues before the
first patch that you issued, only that I noticed the reported speed
went from 3.3MB/s to 33.3MB/s.

There is a new issue, though.  Soren commited a change to ata-queue.c
this morning. This change together with atapicam, causes the system
to hang indefinitely after detecting ad0. Had to hit the reset button and
boot from the previous kernel.

Without atapicam, the system boots normally.

-Bryan