Re: ATAng still problematic

From: Jan Srzednicki <winfried_at_student.agh.edu.pl>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:41:34 +0200
On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 01:32:45AM +0300, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> > Um. Do you see the same crash if both drives contain CDs at boot time?
> > If not, this could be a consequence of the error condition corruption
> > problem others have been reporting.
> >
> > Thomas.
> >

> These crashes started before ATAng commit, some time between 10 and 15
> August, and with precisely the same symptoms.

I wasn't following -CURRENT that time, I can't confirm it.

> As far as problems with dagrab and cdda2wav are conserned - this is
> because of removal of CDIOCREADAUDIO ioctl in ATAng (see recent thread
> "What's happened to CDIOCREADAUDIO & friends")

I've seen it (after posting the original mail, though;). Is there going
to be any audio reading utility avalaible? When atapicam is broken, I
can still use burncd and it works fine. But I don't have any tool to
read audio.

--
  -- wrzask --= v =-- Winfried --===-- GG# 3838383 ---
-- w_at_dream.vg --- w_at_303.krakow.pl --===-- http://violent.dream.vg/ ---